Energy Credit Union understands the needs of small business owners and entrepreneurs. After all, we have been providing state-of-the-art financial products and legendary member service since 1931. We have developed a specialized suite of financial services, including a business checking account and a variety of savings vehicles to meet the needs of the small business entrepreneur.
Business Membership Eligibility
Any business (fraternal organization, voluntary association, sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation), having a usual place of business in Suffolk or Norfolk Counties or in the communities of Waltham, Weston, Newton, Belmont, Lexington, Lincoln, Watertown, Burlington, Bedford, Billerica or Woburn, Massachusetts and composed principally of individuals who are themselves eligible for membership at Energy Credit Union may become a business member. All business members must maintain a Business Share (Savings) Account.
How to Open Your Business Account
Simply visit one of our offices to establish your Business Account(s). To begin the process, you must complete the Energy Credit Union Business Account Resolution. We will also require a completed signature card for each account you wish to open. Then gather the following documentation for your visit to one of our offices. Before you visit with us…
- Plan approximately 30 minutes for your session with our Member Service Representative. The amount of time may vary depending on the number of products and services you would like.
- Based on your form of ownership, the following documentation is required to establish your Energy Credit Union Business Account:
- Sole Proprietor
- Sole Proprietor’s Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax Identification Number (EIN)
- A Certificate of Existence from the City/Town and an IRS TIN Certificate
- An Energy Credit Union Business Account Resolution